LMS - Learning Management System
A learning management system (LMS) is the complete package that enables e-Learning, management and delivery of content and resources to learners through software application or web based technology.
Why should I use LMS?
The LMS offers personalized learning and training in the organizations as well as educational institutes. The success of LMS operations lies in its ability to be operated globally from anywhere, anytime and anyhow as it facilitates easy connection with customers, partners, employees or students in a seamless self-service, on demand e- Learning system.
LMS leverages the businesses and raises the bar for educational standards, attempting to uniform the education globally.
Learning Management System (LMS) provides the trainer the flexibility to create and deliver content, monitor student/ learner participation, and assess performance.
The LMS puts together a training platform that makes learning faster and effective in organizations, accentuating training programs and therefore realizing the business development goals. Besides, many educational institutes encourage the LMS platform for effective pedagogy methods.
The LMS is an intuitive and interactive interface
which not only collaborates and manages content
, but also makes it interesting with its user-friendly features- threaded discussions, video conferencing, and discussion forums. LMS saves content, tracks and reports programs and events- documenting and administrating the data diligently.
What are the Advantages of LMS?
The LMS updates and maintains the consistency of the documents and records. Since the information is well maintained with the required details, communications are sent to the enrolled students, employees and customers, therefore keeping track of all the records without constant workforce intervention. The platform is extremely pragmatic in its approach, as it maintains consistency, and makes available various documents to the students, trainees and employees on occasions when their trainers and professors are absent.
LMS offers 24/7 surfing of the available content- types of training content, developmental content, and performance content from any location with web access. LMS is a consistent platform- delivers and evaluates the content, ensures uniformity of the available content and allows users to easily design and deploy customized training modules. This feature is especially important when new equipment is introduced, existing equipment is updated, or standard operating procedures are significantly modified.
Tracking and Reporting for Enhanced Performance
The LMS brings into perspective a required learning path in favor of organizations as well as educational institutes- for tracking records, evaluating performances, reviewing records of success and registering for additional courses. Courses are offered through various mediums- instructor led training, web-based training, or webinars. LMS values every individuals learning capabilities and gives the students/employees scope to learn at their pace.
Organizations and Online Schools conduct evaluation tests, quizzes in order to analyze the employees/ student’s capability and understand the areas of improvement. Therefore, LMS ensures quick analysis and assessment of an employee/student, enabling the employers/ professors to review the records and estimate the time taken by an individual to complete each course and its components.
The employers, professors and the administrators have full control over the features involved in virtual classroom. Learning Management Systems
gives the trainers the flexibility to customize and deliver the courses as per their requisites. In most of the Good LMS’s, students have the option of making the coursework more interactive and adaptable.
Easy Upgradation of Content, Product Information to maintain the flow of e-learning in Corporate Organizations and Educational Institutes
The content that is uploaded on the LMS (product descriptions, specifications, forms, courseware) can be reviewed, modified and updated as and when required. Moreover, LMS facilitates easy uploading of new product or service information.
Users from all the continents globally can access the same training courses and evaluation materials. Administrators manage the course registrations and closings –upload the forms, and format the processes, set the predetermined course completion dates and monitor the number of participants completing the course at any given point of time. An LMS makes it easy for the employers/ professors to administer content updates and online evaluations, simplifying the process of e-Learning and evaluation in regards to the employees/students performance.
LMS: for effective Learning Measurement
- It is important to comprehend what the LMS offers and what is the usability and functionality of the different features in stored in the platform. “A good start is half the work well done!" The training offered in order to understand the learning platform is crucial as it helps understand the functions of all the modules- virtual classroom, online assessments, surveys etc.
- Similarly, it is necessary to keep the follow up and evaluate performance of the Learning Platform. Moreover, the Learning Platform will go on evolving over a period of time with emerging features and modules and hence a regular check is indispensable. Therefore, a regular verification to see the LMS compatibility and competitiveness vis-à-vis the technological developments in the market would definitely ensure the efficiency of the LMS from time to time.
- The organizations, educational institutions and others can explain their requirements to the vendor and by means of novel ideas, concepts and systematic planning; the vendor builds innovative solution which would then fulfill the client’s needs.
- Regulated automated processes to conduct the evaluation surveys are effective ways to ensure that the user takes the survey from time to time to analyze the change in behavior/ performance after applying the training back to the job.
- The assessment module of the LMS is another foremost tool which can be run either along with or independently of the training. An online assessment system, if designed effectively can be a significant tool to measure learning.