Content Management System
What is Content Management System?
Content Management System(CMS) is designed to manage the website content in order to support academic, university courses as well as trainings in corporate and other organizations.
It allows the instructor to create a course website, where documents can be uploaded in popular formats such as word, power point, etc. without having to convert them to a web format such as HTML.
Why is Content Management System significant?
The Content Management System is software located on the server that quickly replaces the web pages and updates the websites instantaneously. The pages are created on the fly by the CMS software. This software is user-friendly as it facilitates the owner to edit the online content without the intervention of a webmaster.
The Content Management System is an accommodating software which integrates additional website functions and features, added by means of plugins, omitting the need of custom development. Page designing is based on templates, instead of the free-form method used in normal web pages and therefore the content is separated from design, so that there is no interference of one on the other. By this, one can understand that the site owner can change the content without affecting the page layout, and that design issues are resolved more easily, quickly and efficiently.
It is easy to create a 10 or even a 1000 page website because of the usability and the intuitive features of the Content Management System. If the standard page layout is chosen then a new page can be easily created and can go live on the site in less than two minutes.
The Content Management System is the best way to run a large website or any sites because of its conducive features- that help edit and make quick modifications whenever required. Moreover, the CMS also accommodates additional functions which could be crucial in future. The Content Management System therefore builds a large or complex site in the most rapid and cost-efficient way.
- Pages are edited online via a normal browser.
- Edits go live immediately.
- The site owner can easily edit, add or delete pages.
- With minimal training, the site owner may be able to add new menu items and even sections to the site.
- Design and layout are controlled by templates - no custom design is necessary.
- Additional functions are added via plugins - no custom work is needed.
- Plugins are (or should be) widely available.
- Content of many different types can be organized and presented in many different ways.
- Content is completely separated from presentation, meaning that the page content does not affect its layout.
- Rich media capability is usually better than for standard websites.
- 75% of web designers cannot even write valid HTML code (or can't be bothered to correct their first attempt). By using a modern, standards-compliant database-driven website application you avoid being dependent on the ability of your chosen contractor - a good thing, because 3 out of 4 are not competent.
Why should I use CMS?
The Content management System makes the creating and editing of content simple and easy.
While choosing the CMS, these are a few key points to remember: -
- Quick and easy installation
- Simple administration interface
- Quick and easy extension of CMS for extra functionality
- Simple template manipulation
- Helpful user community