“Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. Learning does not cease, its timeless and forever!”
Traditional teaching has been part of formal education over years, where in students assemble together in classrooms and learn. With the advent of technology, the skills and methods of approach towards learning are changing.
Technological innovation, hallmark of academic research, is gradually changing the look of how the universities teach and students learn. Technology has a significant impact on higher education. Many surveys and research studies prove that technological innovation will have a major influence on teaching methodologies over the coming years. In fact, technology will become a core differentiator in attracting students towards a unique way of learning.
Transforming Education in India
Online Education has become an important mode of education. Since the regular courses in India are getting very expensive and highly competitive, distance and online education is fast developing as an amazing option for the students. E-learning opportunities are immense in India. Even the distance education programs are serving well, by offering a chance of getting educated, especially for the less advantaged segment of people. Distance learning can be availed through various types such as postal correspondence programs, pocket PC or mobile learning programs, interactive CD-ROM programs, tele-courses or broadcast course via television or radio and many more.
E learning has undoubtedly changed the dynamics of educational content in India. E-learning has surpassed challenges of reaching out to a varied audience, overcome the non-availability of adequately qualified teachers in rural India & making available rich content to an audience that was unreachable earlier. Today, with changing times, basic education is taught with a single computer in rural villages & has helped several children to get exposed to primary levels of education.
Internet based e-tutoring or on-line tutoring is catching up in urban India as well. Working professionals are enrolling for post graduate or high level educational programs from reputed institutions today. Institutions like IIM A, IBS, Hyderabad, Symbiosis, Pune are amongst India’s top 50 B schools offering e-learning courses. These institutions are responsible for awakening an urge within people who are hungry for knowledge. However, there is a strong need to promote trained personnel in computers & e-learning tools.
E-learning’s scope in India
The e-learning scenario in India is still growing and at an experimental stage. India’s education policy has largely neglected the opportunity of benefiting from this technological revolution in education. E-learning is not only inexpensive, but also convenient. Yet there are huge digital divides which need to be bridged on an urgent basis. Indians however are more inclined to conventional methods of classroom training thus accepting e-learning is a major hindrance. Though, the corporate sector has imbibed e-learning in their business communication practices rather intelligently.
Future of E-learning
The ease & flexibility e-learning offers, it surely is here to stay. Integrating the learning factor plus enhancing an individual’s experience by delivering well-structured content is e-learning pathway to success. With rapid globalisation, cost-efficient learning & quick technological developments – E-learning is surely a boon to many to enjoy a richer learning experience.
Why is online learning important?
- If you are hard ridden for time, because you are working, managing household, too old to attend the course physically or pursuing formal means of education, then online education is meant for you as it is very flexible in regards to timelines and there is no energy drain or excess time or money loss on transport or food expenses.
- Many renowned educational institutions have now switched to online teaching. Besides, certain rare courses that are not available elsewhere can be accessed with the help of online education. CEES provides some of the best courses in energy education through the online learning model.
- Many MNC’s now encourage online courses, in order to upgrade the employee’s domain knowledge, but they cannot afford to loose out on the employees working hours and hence online education works as the best substitute as it does not curb on the office hours and anyone from anywhere around the world can take the courses as per their leisure time.
- An individual will be exposed to the global learning trends as students globally would be part of different courses, and this will enrich the overall learning experience.
- Virtual Education is offered in a very structured and organized format as documents, transcripts, live discussions and training materials are all archived and recorded so that they can be retrieved via post, e-mail, downloading, and printing.
- Instructors, Mentors and online guidebooks are available as part of online studies.
- Online Learning is the best form of education to the physically handicapped as well as inapt and weaker students as it is a mobile and stress free education model.