Essential features of LMS
Learning management systems are commonly used these days for online learning/ training by corporates, trainers and learners. Choosing from among several learning management systems available in the market requires full knowledge of the available features, here are some essential features that a typical LMS should have:
- Online collaboration – Collaboration tools like messaging, chat, forums, blogs, wiki etc assist learners collaborate and communicate on various topics.
- Virtual classroom – Virtual Classroom is an online, web-based tool, which creates a virtual environment similar to traditional classroom where learners and teacher communicate and learn.
- Online Assessment – Exams can be conducted and assessed in an online mode in a secure and effective way using this feature.
- Rights management – The LMS has to allow effective management of rights for users, trainers, learners etc.
- Email notifications and reminders – an LMS has to send timely reminders and notifications to users communicating the essential events.
- Scalability of LMS – a flexible, pay as you grow LMS that provides various options to multiple business sizes or models.
- Easy publishing of courses to the LMS – non-technical training administrators should be easily able to create, manage, and track interactive training courses and learning programs for all levels of users.
Apart from these there are various other features catering to varied needs of corporates, trainers etc. Needless to say an effective LMS has to be easy to use, user-friendly, and cost-effective too.
e-Three Learning Platform is an easy to manage, user-friendly, cost-effective and SCORM compliant Learning Management System. It offers more options like integrated virtual class room and online assesment engine. Download the information brochure
to know more about e-Three Learning Platform.
Innovation in Education
for Economic Prosperity
Few weeks ago, while traveling from Mumbai to Dubai, someone asked me “How do you define innovation in education?” My immediate response was “Use of new technology for educating people.” “Is that how you define innovation in education ?” came the response. I was stunned for a moment and thought for a while. After few moments, I remembered what Michael Porter had said “Innovation is the central issue in economic prosperity.” I asked myself that how we can revolutionize education so that it can contribute to economic prosperity? The day I find an answer to this question, I will know what innovation in education means.
Our culture will play an important role in redefining innovation in our educational ecosystem. We need to nurture a culture that promotes creativity and develops new methodologies that will help people to assimilate more knowledge from all parts of the world without physically crossing the borders. This can be achieved through a networked society that collaborates with each other for better learning. I understand, technology will play an important role in defining this network society that works together with a sole purpose of exchanging ideas and promoting collaborative learning. But, will this contribute to economic prosperity?
In order to achieve economic prosperity, we need to develop new educational models and innovative platforms for knowledge creation, dissemination and application. With more and more people trying to assimilate knowledge on the go (web) , development of new e-learning platforms for mobile devices can foster collaborations between peers and colleagues across borders. An interactive and collaborative platform will help them to share their experiences and provide multidisciplinary learning experience with an eventual aim of elevating the economic status and creating employment opportunities. Also, such platforms can leverage the academic expertise of academicians across the globe and make education accessible to every individual in every corner of the world. This platform should help universities, students and industry to collaborate and work together to promote innovative ideas and create job opportunities by enhancing skill sets and promoting local entrepreneurship.
We can truly say that we have done innovation in education when people contribute to the economy of a particular region by using their global education for the benefit of local economy. The day is not far when we can say that the entire world is my learning university.